|“||What I see is how wrong I've been about you. I always thought of you as the other half of me. We were taught the same lessons. We played under the same sun. We even matched each other to become one person. But you're not my other half. You're my shadow. You're the darkness I leave behind me. I'm fighting for what is right. You're not fighting for anything but yourself, your resentment, your anger. We both felt the burden of being ourselves in this country, but you've carried it harder. The prejudice, the bigotry...you could never let anyone in. You were always waiting for them to show their true face, and when they didn't, you forced them to see it. Like Simon. You enrolled us in the FBI so you could fight, but the law wasn't enough, was it? You couldn't simply fight hate, because you felt hate, too. I'd ask who changed you, who turned you into this thing, but I know the answer is me.||”|
— Raina Amin to Nimah Amin
|Full Name:||Raina Amin|
|Born:||November 21, 1979|
Former FBI agent
Former NAT at Quantico
|Hair color:||Dark brown|
|Portrayed by:||Yasmine Al Massri|
Raina Amin is the twin sister of Nimah Amin. She is a conservative Muslim who joined the FBI Academy in order to become an FBI agent. She is a former recruit at Quantico. She graduates from the academy in Yes and later became a federal agent. She wears the hijab unlike her sister. She is portrayed by Yasmine Al Massri.
Raina Amin is a strong woman who follows the traditional dictates of Islam. She is loyal and bold to the United States. In addition, she is a stellar NAT at Quantico, later graduating as an agent of the Bureau. Previously, she was recruited by Miranda Shaw for an undercover operation involving her and her twin sister, Nimah Amin. Later, she left the FBI as she was emotionally distraught with the mission along with the subsequent events of the second bombing at the Command Center. Raina initially moved home to Detroit, Michigan, but later became a high-level diplomatic translator. Sometime later, Raina is given a work opportunity as a conference interpreter at the 2018 G-20 summit in New York. When a hostage crisis erupts, she is challenged again with enemies that are clearly aligned against the interests of America. Will her determination and strength of character be enough to overcome the adversities surrounding the G-20 hostage crisis?
- She is Arab American.
- She can speak and understand Arabic.
- She is a devout Muslim.
- She was a romantic interest of Simon Asher.
- She can speak and understand Swahili.
- In Clear, her Myers-Briggs personality test revealed that she is a healer type.
- After the graduation ceremony in Yes, she becomes an FBI agent.
- She left the Bureau, three months after the Command Center bombing event.
- In Kudove, it was revealed that Raina was considered as the primary conference interpreter at the 2018 G-20 summit in New York. The summit was later sabotaged by the efforts of the Citizens Liberation Front (CLF).
- In AQUILINE, it was revealed that Nimah, Raina's sister was masquerading as Raina and that Raina was tied up to a chair in a separate room.
- In ODENVY, Nimah had a secret meeting with Raina and revealed herself as a CLF agent.
- In MKTOPAZ, it was revealed that Ginny Kearns and Tony Vincent, two hitmen working for the collaborators, kidnapped Raina and set her up for a mall bombing that occurred in ODYOKE.
- Raina also mentioned to Alex Parrish that she, León Velez, and other CIA recruits investigated the conspiracy surrounding the hostage crisis at the G-20 Summit. For example, they found out that the AIC, who were aided by the collaborators, were the real perpetrators behind the hostage crisis, not the Citizens Liberation Front. Then, they tried to expose the AIC as well as the collaborators' involvement in orchestrating the hostage crisis. As a result, León was killed and Raina was framed for the terrorist attack.
- In the same episode, Nimah decides to disguise Raina and allow herself to be incarcerated in federal prison, thinking that she should redeem herself as a result of joining the Citizens Liberation Front.
- In RAINBOW, it was revealed that Raina had secretly been contacting Felix Cordova in order to find out where Nimah was being imprisoned at. As part of a plan to get away from the FBI, Raina allowed herself to be apprehended by the FBI. She was later incarcerated in a federal prison.
- In RESISTANCE, it was revealed that both Raina and Nimah were released from prison after Alex had leaked classified information to the whole country, containing evidence proving that President Henry Roarke was running the shadow group and exposing him as a traitor to the United States.