|“||Just like what happened to my people after 9/11. Every Arab man was targeted, questioned, followed, surveilled. They saw us not as humans, but as this hand of a monster that hated America. I saw people in my community act out in ways they never would have if they hadn't been treated so unjustly. Whatever you imagine people might have done, just don't lose faith in their humanity, because when you do, that's when you make the monster.||”|
— Nimah Amin to Miranda Shaw
|Full Name:||Nimah Amin|
|Born:||November 21, 1979|
Citizens Liberation Front (formerly)
|Occupation:|| FBI agent|
Former NAT at Quantico
|Hair color:||Dark Brown|
|Portrayed by:||Yasmine Al Massri|
Nimah Amin, in the present day, is a former NAT at Quantico. Unlike her sister, she does not wear the hijab. After the graduation ceremony in Yes, she becomes an FBI agent. She is portrayed by Yasmine Al Massri.
Nimah Amin is seen at first as a conservative Muslim who keeps her private life behind closed doors. She has a twin sister, Raina Amin. They masquerade as one person, secretly switching positions. After they are revealed as two people, it is seen Nimah does not wear the hijab (headscarf) and is less religious than Raina. But Nimah had to wear the hijab to match her sister's appearance, and keep up the act. She has a deep love for America, but is constantly being profiled and mistreated as a result of her religion. Naturally, this becomes increasingly frustrating and Nimah has learnt to respond by isolating herself. Aloof and secretive, she often appears disinterested and mysterious to others. Has she become tired of loving a country that doesn't trust her? This could explain why she is much harder on herself than others and is constantly determined to reach her impossibly high standards. She might be considered confrontational but never guilty of cowardice. She is observant, analytical and extremely adverse to being manipulated. Personally recruited by FBI training director, Miranda, is she hiding bigger secrets from Alex Parrish and the rest of her classmates at Quantico?
- The name Nimah Amin is a palindrome, which is a word or phrase that reads the same backwards and forwards.
- She is Arab-American.
- She can speak and understand Arabic.
- Unlike her sister, Nimah is an atheist.
- In Clear, her Myers-Briggs personality test revealed that she is a commander type.
- After the graduation ceremony in Yes, she becomes an FBI agent.
- In Kudove, Shelby mentioned that she busted a cartel in Arizona.
- In ODENVY, she is revealed to be a member of the terrorist group, the Citizens Liberation Front.
- After the events in EPICSHELTER, Nimah becomes part of the covert joint task force put forth by President Claire Haas and CIA director Matthew Keyes. The task force was assembled to take out terror threats to the country made possible by Lydia Hall who uploaded one of the intelligence drives to the internet during the conclusion of the 2018 Hostage Crisis in New York. The task force also includes the following members; Alex Parrish, Ryan Booth, Shelby Wyatt and Dayana Mampasi.
- In MOCKINGBIRD, Nimah's file report which contained classified personal information was vetted by Owen Hall and Clay Haas in a private meeting. The latter wanted to find out if Nimah had the capacity to fulfil her role within the designated task force.
- In ODYOKE, Nimah decided to masquerade as Raina, going into a federal prison, after Raina was considered a main suspect in the terrorist attack at the Gallow Green shopping center in Beavercreek, Ohio.
- She mentioned to Raina that she deserved to be locked up after joining the CLF during the 2018 Hostage Crisis.
- In RESISTANCE, it was revealed that both Nimah and Raina were released from federal prison.