- "Sir, with respect, when the people you trust the most are all on one side and you're the only one on the other, what does that make you? "
- —Natalie Vasquez to Liam O'Connor
Natalie Vasquez joined the FBI after finding becoming frustrated with her career as a Texas border cop. She’s a bad-ass and she has the scars to prove it. Vasquez is a great shot, a tough fighter, and a brutal competitor; she isn’t content with being second best. Vasquez made no attempt to hide her obvious contempt and competitiveness with Alex Parrish from day one, making her the perfect agent to hunt down the suspected terrorist. But Vasquez isn’t all that she seems – her life in Texas and her family situation are part of her inner turmoil, which is one of the reasons she pushes herself so hard. It also makes her a dangerous person to face off against. So what else could she be hiding behind her bad-ass exterior?
- She is Cuban-American.
- Natalie spent her formative years in Texas.
- She is the first main character to die.
- In Alex, it was revealed that Natalie woke up, with a bomb to her chest. Then, she decided to aid Alex Parrish in finding the mastermind behind the Command Center bombing as well as the culprit, who strapped a bomb to her chest.
- In Clear, it was shown that Natalie died in an explosion as a result of the terrorist triggering the bomb.
- She was a former girlfriend of Brandon Fletcher.
- She was a former girlfriend of Ryan Booth.
- She's in a custody battle over her daughter, Renata, with her abusive ex-husband.
- Sometime between the past timeline events of Yes and Run, she graduated from Quantico and became an FBI agent.
- In Yes, Claire Haas confirmed the status of her death to Alex in a conversation, following the revelation of Liam as the mastermind terrorist of the bombings.